As part of the “Festival d’Europa”, Teatro della Toscana in Florence and Théâtre de la Ville – Paris offer to theatres across Europe a day of meetings and presentations of innovative artistic initiatives to build new forms of collaboration, solidarity and sharing between the arts, sciences, health, environment and education. The values of European construction are fundamental to nurturing this new vision of theatre and culture, especially at a time when war and nationalism once again threaten this union, which was originally built to preserve peace.
In the morning, two institutional panels open to the public will take place at the Salone dei Cinquecento at the Palazzo Vecchio.
During the day the Poetic Consultations will take place in different places of the city, these consist of moments of individual exchange of 20 minutes with an artist. Each consultation begins with a free dialogue and ends with the reading of a poem specially chosen for each person, a song or a dance performance. At the end of the consultation, the text of the poem and a tailor-made “poetic prescription” are transmitted.
The day will end at the Museo Novecento with a poetic moment that sees the involvement of artists of different nationalities of the Troupe de l’Imaginaire.
10 AM – 11.30 AM | Palazzo Vecchio, Salone dei Cinquecento
Building the 21st Century Theater – public meeting on new forms of cultural cooperation in Europe and the creation of a new alliance of European theaters.
Institutional greetings from Representative Office of the European Commission in Italy – Massimo Pronio, Communication manager.
• Stefano Accorsi – Artistic director of Fondazione Teatro della Toscana
• Marco Giorgetti – General director of Fondazione Teatro della Toscana
• Fiorenzo Grassi – Director of Teatro dell’Elfo, Milano
• Giacomo Pedini – Artistic director of MittelFest, Cividale del Friuli
• Carme Portaceli – Director of Teatro Nacional de Catalunya, Barcelona
• Corina Suteu – Director of Insula 42, Bucarest
• Jan Teevet – Director og Paide Teater, Estonia
• Pamela Villoresi – Director of Teatro Biondo, Palermo
• Dubravka Vrgoč – General and artistic director of Croatian National Theatre, Zagabria
In virtual conference:
• Emmanuel Demarcy-Mota – Director of Théâtre de la Ville, Parigi
• Natalia Menéndez – Director of Teatro Español Madrid
• Jeton Neziraj – Director of Qendra Multimedia, Pristina, Kosovo
• Cornelia Walter o Wilfried Schulz – Director of Düsseldorfer Schauspielhaus
11.30 AM – 1 PM | Palazzo Vecchio, Sala dei Cinquecento
The Culture Program of Creative Europe: funding and stories of cultural and linguistic diversity – meeting with the representatives of the European institutions who will present the new financing models in the cultural sector, in connection with the projects presented in the morning.
• Erminia Sciacchitano – Contact point New European Bauhaus Italy
• Anna Conticello – Project Manager Culture Office Desk Italy Creative Europe, General Direction of Contemporary Creativity
• Marzia Santone – Expert in design, monitoring and reporting of European funds – Support Ales S.P.A. – MiC
• Roberto Frabetti – La Baracca – Testoni Ragazzi Theater for children and youth, Project Manager of the European project
• Viola Gaba – ICSE &Co, Some Call Us Balkans – European Cooperation projects Western Balkans
11 AM – 5.30 PM | Poetic consultations at Palazzo Vecchio, Piazza della Repubblica and at the Museo Novecento for the whole day, to celebrate the European poetic repertoire. The Museum will be open for free all day.
16 artists from the Troupe de l’Imaginaire offer poetic, musical and dance consultancy in Italian, Greek, Estonian, Spanish, English, French, Portuguese and Ukrainian.
From 11 AM to 1 PM: poetic consultations at the Arengario in Palazzo Vecchio and at the Indire Erasmus+ stand in Piazza della Repubblica
From 3 PM to 5.30 PM: poetic consultations at the Courtyard of the Museo Novecento
6.30 PM – 7.15 PM | Courtyard of the Museo Novecento
A poetic moment to end this day in the courtyard of the Museo Novecento! The 16 poetic consultants of the Troupe de l’Imaginaire present poetic and musical passages on the theme of Europe, its diversity of languages, cultures.
Present artists of the Troupe de l’Imaginaire from various European countries (Italy, France, Greece, Estonia, Portugal, Ukraine):
Maddalena Amorini, Giulia Bianchi, Thomas Brazete, Mattia Braghero, Jauris Casanova, Célia Cathalifaud, Dimitris Daskas, Letizia Fuochi, Francesco Gori, Kirill Havanski, Dimitra Kontou, Irina Lytiak, Gérald Maillet, Claudia Marino, Maria Paiste, Carolina Pezzini.
Organized by the Teatro della Toscana Foundation and Théâtre de la Ville de Paris in collaboration with the Representative Office of the European Commission in Rome
DID YOU MISS THE EVENT?
The morning session is available at the Youtube link https://youtu.be/1PWrnjre93A